The President has executive responsibility to provide the vision, structure, culture and environment to enable the Chapter to meet the mission and goals created as a team. The President role is traditionally filled with the President-Elect from the previous year.
The service term for this position is 1 year.
Estimated Monthly Time Requirements
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours;
- Attending membership committee meetings: 1–2 hours;
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours;
- Communicating with members and/or others: 2–4 hours;
- Oversee all CARE requirements and ensure adherence to the requirements.
- Provide encouragement, support, resources, feedback to individual Board members; especially President-Elect.
- Validate vision and mission and goal setting.
- Establish and maintain effective processes and communication to enable the board to serve members effectively.
- Assure all board and business operations function effectively, to understand member needs and deliver superior service and assure ATD Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE) are met.
- Review the progress of goals, strategies, and projects at monthly Board meetings.
- Lead effective transition to a new board annually.
- Lead monthly Board and chapter meetings; participate in other chapter events/committee meetings as available.
- Lead board and chapter members in affiliating, collaborating and using regional and national resources, including Chapter member companies.
- Represent chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities.
- Works with VP Volunteers to co-host the December Awards program.
- Attend all monthly chapter meetings and the Annual Leadership Conference (ALC).
- Write monthly articles for the newsletter
- Attends and participates in monthly board meetings, chapter meetings, ATD International Conference & Exposition, and ATD Chapter Leaders Conference (ALC)
- Participates in other chapter events, committee meetings and conferences as available
- Represents chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities
- Participates in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter
- Effective verbal communication, leadership, diplomacy, personal interaction, problem-solving and meeting management
- Ability to lead a committee, delegate tasks, and monitor progress
- Ability to build, motivate, and lead a team of volunteers
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate chapter activities
- Demonstrated experience in budget design and accountability desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Time available to fully participate in chapter and board meetings, and represent the chapter regionally and nationally
- Member of ATD and chapter
The preceding “highlights” are not intended to minimize or expand a volunteer’s role on our dynamic and exciting WT-ATD Board. Volunteers are asked to give what we can to encourage the enhancement and advancement of our Chapter. The preceding is a rather simple list of some of the things our Chapter asks the President to consider being a part of.
Generally, we do request all WT-ATD Board members to (a) consider joint membership, Professional or “Power” membership, with the National organization; (b) attend all WT-ATD Board Meetings and functions (July retreat); and (c) attend all monthly events. The all is italicized because all of us have other responsibilities and realize all may be a stretch at times. Thank you for agreeing to consider a position on our WT-ATD Board and thank you, in advance, for your service, at all levels, to WT-ATD.