The Vice President of Records provides administrative support to the chapter. He/She records meeting minutes, writes chapter correspondence, and ensures communication of chapter proceedings and records.
The service term for this position is 1 year.
Estimated Monthly Time Requirements
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours;
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours;
- Communicating with administrative office and/or others: 2–4 hours
- Collaborates with chapter office support personnel including telephone, facilities, equipment, staff, and supplies
- Oversees the membership directory, ensuring that it is current and accurate
- Coordinates any requirements involving the chapter’s bylaws and/or articles of incorporation, including notification of meetings
- Ensures the safekeeping of all legal documents
- Recruits and trains incoming administrative secretary, providing the incoming officer with computer/paper versions of chapter files
- Ensures that accurate minutes are taken and maintained as legal record of the chapter’s board meetings
- Distributes minutes and project status reports prior to each board meeting
- Provides electronic transmission of minutes to board members
- Creates and maintains board of directors contact information in timely manner and distributes to board
- In collaboration with the president, sets annual goals for managing chapter administration
- Represents the chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities
- Attends and participates in all board and chapter meetings. Participates in other chapter events, committee meetings, and regional conferences as available
- Member of ATD and chapter
- Demonstrated skills in typing, word processing, record keeping, and
- Possess an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to build, motivate, and lead chapter volunteers where needed
- Skilled in verbal communication, diplomacy, personal interaction, and
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate activities required by the
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Time to attend board meetings and other chapter functions as required
by this position
The preceding “highlights” are not intended to minimize or expand a volunteer’s role on our dynamic and exciting WT-ATD Board. Volunteers are asked to give what we can to encourage the enhancement and advancement of our Chapter. The preceding is a rather simple list of some of the things our Chapter asks the President to consider being a part of.
Generally, we do request all WT-ATD Board members to (a) consider joint membership, Professional or “Power” membership, with the National organization; (b) attend all WT-ATD Board Meetings and functions (July retreat); and (c) attend all monthly events. The all is italicized because all of us have other responsibilities and realize all may be a stretch at times. Thank you for agreeing to consider a position on our WT-ATD Board and thank you, in advance, for your service, at all levels, to WT-ATD.