The Vice President of Marketing is an elected officer of the Chapter. This position oversees activities related to communication among the Chapter members at large, and communication with the community and other professional associations. Additionally, this position oversees activities related to the marketing of chapter initiatives.
The service term for this position is 1 year.
Estimated Monthly Time Requirements
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours;
- Attending membership committee meetings: 1–2 hours;
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours;
- Managing all volunteer-related issues: 2–4 hours
- Ensures a communication piece is sent to members at least once each quarter
- Ensures that the chapter adheres to ATD branding guidelines
- Develop goals for maintaining and improving internal Chapter communications
- Develop a project plan to create a Business Community Outreach Program.
- Manage Chapter publicity and media relations
- Market special projects (ex. Workshops, ATD certificate programs)
- Advise Board of market trends
- Oversee person or persons responsible for production of newsletter; solicitation of general-interest articles, letters from the President, articles promoting ATD and chapter activities, reviews of previous meetings, membership updates, etc.
- Coordinate communication activities with related activities of Membership, Programs & Events, and other offices as needed
- Report on communications-related topics to Board
- Attend and participate in monthly Board Meetings and ATD Chapter Leaders Conference (ALC)
- May be asked to write articles for the newsletter
- Recruits and trains incoming vice president of membership
- Recruits and trains volunteers to support membership
- Stays current with ATD strategies and operations
with other committees (membership, programs) to highlight the value to becoming
and participates in all monthly board meetings and chapter programs.
- Tracks marketing
trends from chapter communications
in other chapter events, committee meetings, and conferences as available
chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational
- Member of ATD
- Solid marketing
and public relations skills
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction and
- Ability to plan, organize and execute activities as required by the
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
- Time available to fully participate in chapter programs
and board meetings
- Willingness to advocate the chapter
- Ability to seek others out as volunteers
The preceding “highlights” are not intended to minimize or expand a volunteer’s role on our dynamic and exciting WT-ATD Board. Volunteers are asked to give what we can to encourage the enhancement and advancement of our Chapter. The preceding is a rather simple list of some of the things our Chapter asks the President to consider being a part of.
Generally, we do request all WT-ATD Board members to (a) consider joint membership, Professional or “Power” membership, with the National organization; (b) attend all WT-ATD Board Meetings and functions (July retreat); and (c) attend all monthly events. The all is italicized because all of us have other responsibilities and realize all may be a stretch at times. Thank you for agreeing to consider a position on our WT-ATD Board and thank you, in advance, for your service, at all levels, to WT-ATD.