The Vice President of Programs & Events oversees the chapter’s programming function, including responsibility for topic/speaker selection, site selection, and overall meeting management and reporting.
The service term for this position is 1 year.
Estimated Monthly Time Requirements
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours;
- Attending programs committee meetings: 1–2 hours;
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours;
- Communicating with newsletter editor, individuals responsible for website, administrative office and/or others: 2–4 hours
- Ensures a relevant program/event is held on a regular basis (at least one each quarter)
- Solicits program topics from membership and evaluates relevance and interest to members
- Administers program events within budget
- Attracts and secures speakers who address the concerns and interests of the membership
- Coordinates locations for meetings
- Collects and reports on participant feedback of programs, and uses feedback to plan future events
- Provides meeting details, including speaker’s biography for chapter website and/or newsletter
- Recruits and trains incoming vice president of programs and events and makes recommendation to him/her regarding future speakers, topics, etc.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to support program functions
- Attends board meetings, chapter programs, and regular committee meetings.
- Represents the chapter professionally and ethically
- Participates in board meetings and chapter meetings, ATD International Conference and the ATD Chapter Leadership Conference (ALC)
- Member of ATD and chapter
- Possesses marketing and public relation skills
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction and problem-solving
- Ability to plan, organize and execute activities as required by the position
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
- Ability to attract and lead committee members
- Time available to fully participate in chapter events
The preceding “highlights” are not intended to minimize or expand a volunteer’s role on our dynamic and exciting WT-ATD Board. Volunteers are asked to give what we can to encourage the enhancement and advancement of our Chapter. The preceding is a rather simple list of some of the things our Chapter asks the President to consider being a part of.
Generally, we do request all WT-ATD Board members to (a) consider joint membership, Professional or “Power” membership, with the National organization; (b) attend all WT-ATD Board Meetings and functions (July retreat); and (c) attend all monthly events. The all is italicized because all of us have other responsibilities and realize all may be a stretch at times. Thank you for agreeing to consider a position on our WT-ATD Board and thank you, in advance, for your service, at all levels, to WT-ATD.